Personal Data Protection Notice for Marco Group of Companies
Marco Group of Companies, including Marco Corporation (M) Sdn. Bhd. and subsidiary companies of Marco Worldwide Sdn. Bhd., Surpass Sdn Bhd. (“Marco”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. In this Personal Data Protection Notice, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to Marco, and “you” and “your” includes third parties whose personal data you have provided to Marco.
This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information, including your sensitive personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Please note that Marco may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will publish the amended or revised Personal Data Protection Notice on our website or by email.
We may collect and process personal data of children under the age of 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s consent before you provide your personal data to Marco. If we learn that we have collected such information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 without parental consent, please contact us at the information provided below.
(1) COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data which range from your name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, your bank account, your preferences in relation to products and services you purchase from us and all other information which are provided by you to Marco via these channels:
- Marco’s website and 3rd party websites affiliated with Marco;
- Marco’s e-warranty on products sold
- Electronic forms from Marco;
- Physical forms from Marco;
- Email; and/or
- Social media and other communication messaging platforms
All information requested for in the relevant forms for registration purpose is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
(2) REASON FOR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Your personal information is collected and further processed by Marco as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- To process your requested products or services;
- To deliver our product to your desired address and location;
- To resolve complaint / delivery problem (if any)
- To send new product promotion to you; (only with consent)
- To facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- To administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- To process any payments related to your requested service;
- To store and carry out data analytics processes;
- To improve our products and services;
- To send you season greetings, special occasion messages or other similar communications;
- To contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials;
- To allow third parties to contact you for advertising, promotional or marketing campaigns conducted by any third-party entities;
- For collaboration with a business partner to advertise and market products and services to you;
- Marco’s internal records management, customer relations events and activities, and customer loyalty reward program.
*Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from Marco, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in Marco’s email blasts or you may contact Marco.
(3) PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We only process your personal data within Malaysia. Your personal data will not be transfer to any place outside Malaysia.
(4) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose your personal data to:
- Professional advisors and corporate service providers, including auditors, lawyers, company secretary and consultants
- Advertising and marketing partners
- Payment processors
- Cloud and hosting services
- Customer support and communication
- Market research and survey
- Logistics and shipping partners
- Social media platforms
- Business partners and dealers
- Analytics and tracking providers
- Law enforcement agencies including the local police (PDRM)
- Relevant governmental authorities, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators including Bank Negara Malaysia, Bursa Malaysia, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Personal Data Protection Commissioner, SOCSO, Securities Commission Malaysia, Department of Statistics Malaysia.
(5) SECURITY MEASURE
We take these measures to protect your personal data:
- By ensuring your personal data is kept as required by Act 709
- By ensuring our staff not to misuse your personal data
- By performing contract / agreement with system vendor, appointed courier company.
Nevertheless, you are required to ensure the security of your password and not to disclose it to another party to reduce the risk of data breaches.
(6) PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a legal basis to do so. Your personal information will be stored for only the period as necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above after which we will ensure that your personal information is deleted or if it is no longer necessary to store.
We also implement the following measures for the management and deletion of personal data that is stored by us:
- Conducting data sanitizing exercise via disposing all unwanted personal data that in the database from time to time
- Prohibiting the storage of personal data through removable media device and cloud computing service unless written consent form authorized personnel if Marco
- Preparing and maintaining a personal data disposal schedule for inactive data (hard bounce contacts from EDM)
(7) YOUR RIGHTS
You have the rights to:
- Correct / update your personal data
- Access your personal data which we process and keep with us
- Stop any of our new promotional products sent to you
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data [Inform the consequences].
We will make every endeavor to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly. If you would like to access or correct your personal information, please contact Marco
(8) CONTACT US
You can contact us or submit your inquiry in regards to the processing of your personal data at:
|Digital Marketing Technical Support
|25th Floor, Menara JKG, No.282, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Effective Date: 12/1/2024
Last Updated: 3/1/2024